Renter's Third Floor Flood Insurance

I am retired and now live in a third floor apartment in South Carolina. I do have renter's insurance, but not flood insurance. However unlikely that a flood would reach my level, it is possible. Can I get flood insurance to cover my personal property?

Answer: While I'm pretty sure you could get flood insurance, it is highly unlikely that you'll need it. Also, keep in mind that flood insurance does not cover you for all types of water damage -- just flood damage. So, if you really need insurance to cover you in case of water damage from burst pipes or other such water damage, you should check into special endorsements offered by your insurance company. Also, I do believe that you can have hurricanes and other severe weather in SC. You might want to look into this kind of insurance, before buying flood insurance.
CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther