Insuring an Expensive Ring

I have just purchased an expensive ring as a gift and need to insure it. My partner has household insurance but I want it to be a surprise. I am in rented accommodation and do not have insurance. What do you suggest? I would presume that she can add the ring to her insurance once she knows!

Answer: I believe you can insure the ring without homeowner or rental insurance. You might want to check with the jeweller from whom you bought the ring. That person may be familiar with insuring expensive items individually as part of the business. However, your best bet would be to get some contents insurance on your apartment to protect your own belongings, and temporarily add a special rider or endorsement to cover the ring until you give it to your girlfriend. Your own goods should have insurance, and an endorsement is likely the most cost-effective kind of insurance for the ring.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther