Out-of-State Car Insurance

If you live in New York City and have a car in New York City, is it possible to go to Atlanta, get a DMV ID and get a car insurance from there since it's cheaper? Then go back to New York and stay there, driving a car with a New York plate and Georgia car insurance?

Answer:  Nope. Generally, you must take out insurance in the state in which you reside. However, I'm sure that others have tried such creative solutions to high car insurance prices. Unfortunately, if you ever have a claim, you could find yourself without coverage.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther