Rental Property Insurance

I have home insurance coverage on the structure of a rental home. At this time, I was getting ready to move into it when I noticed that the ceiling and structure is failing. Outside, the bricks are split from what looks like settling. I'm not sure if I should file a claim or if it will even cover the amount of damage, because it looks bad. Can you give me advice on this please?



This is a tough one. However, it all depends on your policy on your rental property. If the insurance policy covers settling and structural damage as a result of settling, you should be able to file a claim and at least recover some amount (if not all) of your costs. Having said that, a basic homeowners policy will not generally cover this kind of damage. So, check your policy first, and then call your insurance company for clarification, if you are unsure. 

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther