Art Insurance

Can you please tell me where one can buy insurance for artwork? More specifically, a gallery wants to display an artist's work, but wants the artist to provide insurance for the pieces while they are exhibited there.



If the artist were to provide the insurance, it would make sense for that person to check any homeowner's policy that he or she currently has. It may be possible to purchase a rider or endorsement for the artwork that will cover it, even when it is off the artist's home premises.


There are insurance companies that provide insurance on art and unique valuables in particular. We don't recommend particular companies through this site. However, perhaps the gallery could even suggest companies that provide insurance to artists when displaying artwork. If having a significant problem finding an insurance company, you could also try calling local museums or small galleries and asking which company provides their insurance.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther