Home Warranty Insurance

When we bought our home, we purchased the typical homeowners insurance policy. We also purchased a separate policy to cover the major systems in the house (electrical, plumbing, air conditioning/heating) to be repaired or replaced as needed. This policy was for one year. My question is: are there insurance companies that sell only this type of policy or do insurance providers offer this as one item on a list of different insurance options? I have searched several insurance companies and I don't find that many offer this type coverage. 



This kind of policy is not universally available. What you are really buying is a kind of extended warranty on your home and it is normally called home warranty insurance. You can purchase it as a separate policy. Do keep in mind that normally when you purchase more than one insurance policy from an insurer, you can qualify for a discount.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther