Insurance on Stored Possessions

I need to insure household goods that are in climate-controlled storage. The storage company does not provide insurance. What kind of insurance do I need and where do I get it? Is it the same as renters insurance? 



I would definitely look into companies that provide rental insurance, and see if they will be willing to give you insurance on the stored items. I'd also check your homeowners or renters policy, if you have one. Some policies will provide some level of coverage for goods in storage. Check your fine print.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther