Liability Insurance for Hunting

I own 13+ acres of land in upstate New York and there are no buildings on the property. I have experienced hunters on the property during deer season and would like to have insurance to cover the possibility of someone getting hurt. I have been told that renters insurance will cover this, but I have my doubts. Any suggestions?


I would check your homeowners insurance first. Determine what kind of liability coverage you have and in what amounts. If your liability is $1 million or less, I'd consider an "umbrella liability" policy that will give you much more coverage. However, I'd also ensure that there are no exclusions on your umbrella liability that would prevent it from paying out if an injury is caused by a firearm.

Be sure to check the fine print for this reason.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther