Sewer Flood Damage after Katrina

I lived in Waveland, Miss., and my home was completely flooded with sewage water. I was told I didn't need flood insurance because I wasn't in a flood zone. I was wondering if this damage will be covered being as I was told I didn't need it?


Answer: You'll have to check your homeowners insurance policy and see if it covers flood/water damage. Many homeowners' policies do not. If you don't appear to have coverage, you may have to look at other routes to get some compensation – like approaching the city or finding out from your Insurance Commissioner if there is any special compensation for those who had damage as a result of Katrina.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther