Comprehensive or Collision?

I'm locked in a battle with my insurance company over a recent claim. My parked car was damaged by roughhousing, drunk passers-by and I filed a claim with my insurer. After a short time, the insurance company made the decision to include the claim under "comprehensive" coverage. Now, after the bodywork has been completed, the insurer has changed their position and declared the claim under "collision." Is this legal? What recourse do I have?



I don't know what recourse you have or if this is legal. If you have questions of that sort, I would consult with a lawyer that has experience in dealing with insurance companies.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther