Car Insurance with a Learner's Permit

Do you know of companies that will insure a driver on their learner's permit? I just need it long enough to get a car in my name, so I can practice and get my license!


This depends greatly on the insurance company and even the state. It seems that different states have differing rules. In some states, you cannot drive with a learner's permit unless a licensed driver is in the car with you, so in these cases, you definitely will find it hard to get insurance on your own! However, it is definitely easier and less expensive if you can be put on the insurance policy of another driver and only borrow the car for practice sessions.

Posted by Eddie on January 10,2007 at 5:04 PM
I found this learner driver insurance website ( to provide some useful infomraiton for finding insurance as a learner driver. Not sure if it applies to other countries than the UK though...
CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther