Refund for Overpaid Premiums

I received a credit from XYZ Insurance Co. for car insurance stating I was overcharged because the wrong territory was on the policy. The refund was for last year and part of this year. When questioned about previous years, I was told they could not go back past last year (2004-2005). Is this true or can I request additional credits for all the years the incorrect territory was used?


You should check with your local state or territory government and see if you have any recourse. If you are in the US, contact your state's Department of Insurance. I don't know if there is a "statute of limitations" on refunds. If in doubt, get a half-hour of free advice from a lawyer.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther