Tree Fell On Truck

I really need to get info on who to contact about a accident that just occured this morning. I had a tree fall on my truck this morning on my way to work. I've been told to contact the city but I don't know where to begin. Can you please point me in the right direction?


Call your city's main number and ask to speak with "Public Works". If this isn't the name of the right department in your area, then ask to speak with someone regarding a city-owned tree that has fallen on your property and damaged it. Your city's property and casualty insurance should pay for your loss.

Now, if the tree that has fallen on your truck is not owned by the city, you will need to contact the owner of the tree and make a claim against their insurance.

Be prepared with all the details of what happened. If there were witnesses, talk to them and get any additional support. It will make the whole process much more straightforward, and will help to keep the threat of any dispute of your claim to a minimum.

CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther