Governing Body in the UK for Insurance

Can you please tell me if there is a 'Governing Body' in the UK for Insurance companies? If so, how do I contact them?


There is a governing body for insurance in the UK. It is the Financial Services Authority (FSA). FSA is an independent non-governmental body, given statutory powers by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

You can find the section on Insurance at their website at:

Contact them at 0845 606 1234 in the UK. You can also email them at
CarLifeHealthLong Term CareDisabilityDentalBusinessHomeOther