Ready to Buy Car Insurance...
Before you pick the lowest price, check out the car insurance company itself.
If your car insurance company is not financially stable you may be in a pickle when you file a claim. Car insurers who go bankrupt usually only pay cents on the dollar for a claim. It takes years for the car insurance company to be 'wound down'. That's a long time to wait for your money.
So, how do you know a car insurance company is stable? There are a number of companies which can help you with this kind of information:
- M. Best Company, Inc. http://www.ambest.com
- Fitch Ibca Inc. http://www.fitchibca.com
- Moody's Investor Services http://www.moodys.com
- Standard & Poor's Insurance Ratings Services www.standardandpoor.com
- Weiss Research http://www.weissratings.co
Don't forget to check out the reduce auto insurance cost, discount car insurance, car insurance medical, auto insurance collision, liability insurance, comprehensive car insurance, uninsured & underinsured, auto insurance cost, and how much insurance should I carry guides and click on the links above for auto insurance companies.